10 July 2009

Morning Stroll

Richard and I enjoyed strolling with our coffee and English muffin in the early morning.  The coffee machine was programmed the night before to brew just before we awakened, we would split an English muffin and off we would go.  It was a good time for us to connect without any camper or staff interruptions, since they would still be sleeping.  I loved starting my day this way, and Richard so generously had agreed to join me.  He is a good man.

We saw more dolphins in Dawson’s Creek during the 2007 summer camping season than in the past summers.  Richard and I sat at the dock one night and could not see them, but could hear them as they breached the water’s surface; the next morning on our pre-dawn stroll, we spotted three in the creek.

Cindy B. Stevens

No comments: